About the Site and Production Facility
Colorado lacks world-class sound stages. Production teams and film crews will arrive in our state to shoot films, then leave for postproduction, marketing and distribution. For the first time ever, Redbarre will provide the facilities needed for full-scale film/TV/digital production, enabling feature film crews and digital media creators a soup-to-nuts production environment right here in Denver, along with the ability to collaborate with talent and resources all over the globe via a state of the art network.
Redbarre + Colorado: What it Means
Enabling New Talent Discovery…
The campus focuses on enhancing and fostering innovation, where media and technology intersect, which will attract and create new talent while taking advantage of the experience and wisdom of established experts.
Planting Inside a Thriving Ecosystem…
Situated inside one of the country’s top technology and data ecosystems, as well as one of the top five broadcast/telecom markets in the US, South Metro Denver is well-positioned to become the country’s newest state-of-the-art digital media and technology mecca for entertainment, scientific visualization and extended reality (XR).
Next-gen Network and Data Infrastructure…
Large bandwidth needs are not limited to just television and film. They are also required by other major industries including social media, advertising, retail, scientific, medical, biomedical, architectural/design, big data, artificial intelligence and astrophysics, among others. Redbarre will provide revolutionary technology, digital tools and data infrastructure.
Crafting the Digital Future…
Denver is uniquely positioned to support a state-of-the-art, mixed-use media and technology-centric real estate development project at the forefront of the next digital media wave. There is no other campus like Redbarre in the world.
Frequently Asked Questions
Our plans essentially call for constructing approximately 1.9 million SF of mixed use facilities atop a massive high-speed data campus. This includes
- Production Media Center w/a 75,000 SF sound stage,
- Data Center/Network Operations Center and ISP
- Multiple Recording Studios w/ outdoor performance venue
- Retail/Office backlot (and tourist destination)
- Class A Office Tower
The net result is the creation of a major Colorado destination that merges the technology and media industries, enabling the business of development, production and distribution of digital content; a heretofore-underdeveloped business sector in Colorado.
- Denver is one of the largest US technology ecosystems, ranked #4 behind Silicon Valley, Boston and Austin
- 5th largest broadcast/telecom market in the US w/more than 41,000 employees in this sector
- Central hub for all fiber runs from the East and West coasts, Canada & Mexico
Given our central US location, Metro Denver and the Town of Parker are well-positioned to host the latest state-of-the-art digital media and technology mecca for entertainment; and even scientific visualization and medical imaging.
There are several problems we are seeking to solve with this project:
- First: lack of world-class sound stages in Colorado
- yet mild weather, sunny blue skies, historic buildings, unique neighborhoods and the Rocky Mountains consistently draw major motion pictures and TV programs to the state as a preferred shooting destination. They come to shoot, they go home to post.
- Second: Today’s telecom infrastructure barely supports HD workflows
- yet we’re moving to 4K and 8K quickly. Metro Denver has a vast amount of resources available to solve this problem. Additionally, all the major telecom and entertainment providers have headquarters or a major presence here.
- Third: Large bandwidth needs are not limited to just television and film
- it is also required by other major industries including social media, advertising, retail, scientific, medical, biomedical, architectural/design, big data, artificial intelligence and astrophysics among others.
- Fourth: There is lack of production talent in state
- exacerbated by the lack of major productions being shot in CO, yet one of the country’s most well-regarded film schools is located in Metro Denver and many A-list talent reside in state.
- Difficult to retain talent if there is no business in state
- Just imagine, if students from across the street at the Performing Arts Charter School could access working internships with Redbarre’s A-List talent, producers and directors, how cool would that be?
Highlights of our current status:
- Redbarre is under contract to purchase 68 acres during the first phase, expanding later to as much as 110 acres
- We have assembled a development team of the “A-List” providers including:
- Civitas as our master planner
- OZ Architects for our architecuture and engineering design work
- Mortenson as our general contractor
- Infinity Land Consultants has been tapped to provide civil engineering and site due diligence
- Elements to lead our efforts with workplace solutions
- dovetail solutions for providing PR communication, community involvement and government relations
- Panasonic is our smart city and sustainability partner/consultant
- Redbarre becomes a partner that supports the town’s vision for a dynamic future
- The campus provides a highly unique Entertainment, Media, Technology and Retail destination the likes of which does not exist anywhere in the Colorado or the region
- OVER $750 million in new infrastructure investment over the next five years
- Natural continuing education connection to the adjacent Performing Arts School
- Increased tax revenues from a variety of new business, ranging from retail, to restaurants, coffee shops, production entities, distributors, tech ventures and other businesses.
- Several new indoor/outdoor venues available for Parker community events
Site work will begin Q3 2018 and full build-out will take 36 to 42 months.
Research & Development